Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Week 63 - Merry Christmas!

My week was really good, but it looks like your week was better ;)  Today, I went to play indoor volleyball, then Elder Padilla and I went to visit my old pensionista in Colón, and we went to visit Williams and Deysi (Brad's converts in his last area)... Deysi wasn't there, and Williams was totally drunk. That was pretty dang heartbreaking. He remembered who I was, said he knows he shouldn't be doing it, but he said it's easy to walk until there's obstacles. Well, it's a no brainer, but we only gave him encouragement, then we left, you can't teach someone who isn't sober. That is awesome what the ward did, let's do it again next year (our ward did a Christmas Service Project to feed 100 refugee families as well as some other things for people in need in the valley). That's awesome, Max beat cancer!

About Williams It really stinks, seriously. But I think little by little he will be better. The problem is the ward. Colon is such an inactive ward, all the people I worked with and brought to church aren't active anymore because the people in the ward don't fight for them. It's sad. But one day they'll have to "rendir cuentas", I think the translation is they'll have to acknowledge what they did or didn't do.

I love you all, have a Merry Christmas!

Elder Howells

No comments:

Post a Comment