Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 21 - Loving the Mission!

This week was good. I can not complain. The dogs are consistently possessed, especially the ones that herd the goats, which is all of them. But once you get past them, everything is just great. I love the mission, and while though it has it's highs and lows, it is amazing. This week we had a less active come to church for the first time in maybe 3 years, and we were able to do good work as far as teaching and serving are concerned. My area is so unique, and I love it to death. The adjustment to pioneer living still isn't easy, but with the help of the gospel and good members it has proven to be one of the greatest experiences of my life.

I hope you all have a good week, and I will talk to you all soon!

I asked Brad what he thought of the food now that he's been in the country for a while.
Bolivian food really isn't bad, from what I have had. To be honest it has probably cleaned up my diet, at least the way we eat in Quiriza. All Natural. But it is always, always like this: You work or finish whatever you are doing, pull up a tree or a comfy looking rock, they bring massive pots of soup, then we eat soup, and then they have a bowl of rice with some mystery cut of meat that they give us with some sort of mystery sauce. I find it better not to ask the source.  I know I have eaten the face meat of pigs and stuff, and chicken feet, and llama and donkey. The food here generally lacks flavor, but it isn't bad.  Just not great, lol.

Brad sent this to Katherine...
Three days ago we were walking to back to Quiriza from one of our other villages, about an hour away even on foot. And it started to rain hard. I was soaked from head to toe, the waterproof boots are kind of water proof, I realized. But much more comfortable than the others, I have decided. And there is one or two dogs in Quiriza, and when ever we walk past them, they will walk with us for hours to the other villages, wait for us in front of whichever house or hut, and go to each lesson with us. Just little mutt dogs, but they are cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment