Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 73 - Carnival

My week was really good! Elder Cortez and I finished strong, I'd say! My new companion is from Peru. Elder Larrea is his name. He finishes not this transfer, but the next. He's a great guy from what I know, really humble, and just willing to work. I love that, and he is obedient! I am stoked for this transfer! I won't be with him until Wednesday, and on Thursday we have a leadership council!  We had 3 investigators go to church yesterday (Norma, Lyndalee, and José Gabriel). José has a baptism date for the 25th of March.

Today and tomorrow we don't have permission to leave the house, just for lunch and to write, so that's it for today. The reason is the Carnivales have started, and everyone, literally everyone is drunk. We only have permission today to write you guys and go to lunch, then back to the house, and tomorrow, only to lunch. So that stinks! As far as feeling safe, I've felt pretty uncomfortable today, and even yesterday. But I usually feel fine. When you're white in an anti-white culture, it gets a little spicy sometimes.  Hahahaha

I love you guys, have a great week!

Elder Howells

No comments:

Post a Comment