Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Week 76 - Baptisms this Saturday!

This week was a great week! We have Josè Gabriel who is going to get baptized this Saturday at 6:30 (Bolivian time), and two preparing themselves for the 8th of April. The zone did a lot better this week as a whole, which we are grateful for. Coming up this week, on Thursday we have zone conference, then just normal work the rest of the week!

I have been speaking pure spanish the whole mission except for in the offices and when I was with Elder Wren. Because of my different companions my vocabulary consists of Peruvian, Chilean, Ecuadorian, Argentinan, Panamanian, Bolivian and a little bit of Mexican. I have my r rolling down so good, especially when speaking fast or in slangs, people sometimes ask if I'm from Chile. One problem I have from time to time is that one word is fine here, but in Peru it's the worst thing. In the Dominican Republic you can say let's get in the bus, but here it means something bad. Hahaha you have to be careful depending on who you're with. I told a bunch of kids to screw off yesterday on accident in church. I wanted to say stop bugging the teacher, but I used an Ecuadorian word, which is fine there and every other country besides Bolivia. Hahaha. And I speak a little of Quechua, which is some old Jaredite aged Indian language, which is fun to use with the new gringos because they think it's Spanish because they still don't speak Spanish! Hah.

I hope you all have a great week.

Love, Elder Howells

No comments:

Post a Comment