Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Week 36 - Williams and Deysi were Baptized!


I baptized Williams and my comp baptized Deysi!! It was pretty special. I didn't even mess up the words! It was great, we started almost on time (really, quite a miracle in this society), we had 4 investigators come, the room was full, it was great! (I asked Brad what he thought his greatest area of personal progress has been regarding the gospel) The biggest area of progress so far is seeing how there is literally an area of the Gospel to apply to every part of life, not important how or where. I am pleased with my ability to understand the needs of the people and help them understand how Christ can help and how he already has been helping them.

(Katherine asked Brad the following questions):

First question: Most valuable lesson you have learned thus far?

Second: What have you learned about yourself?

Third: What have you learned about service?

Fourth: How do you know God is with you and helping you?

Fifth: Please share your testimony with me.

Brad's Answers:

1. Nothing can replace charity. Moroni 7:47(ish) and 1 Corinthians 13.

2. After harvesting 6 days a week for the entire day, every day, I can do a lot more than I thought I could.

3. Service is the way Christ lived and died, and by losing ourselves in the service of others, we will find ourselves.

4. Because I couldn't do this work if he wasn't with me, I am not strong enough without him.

5. I don't know how to express my testimony, at least certainly not all of it. Ha, especially in this language. As our Father in Heaven sent us here to this earth, before we passed through the veil, I am sure he pulled each of aside and told us to be obedient and we will be just fine. As we came here, we did not remember this. Our purpose as His children is to help others remember their divine nature as children of a King. My testimony of the missionary work is this: As we lose ourselves in the Lord's vineyard, we fulfill the Savior's words, Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.  As we donate our lives (temporarily) to the Lord, we shall find it. As we deny ourselves, our wants and desires, we understand His plan, we experience the joy He offers us, we become more like Him.  Charity is the key and with the pure love of Christ, and as we try look at our Father in Heaven's children through a parent's eye, through his eyes, we can see miracles take place and lives change. I love this work!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment