Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week 35 - Baptism on Saturday

This week was really good! The most exciting thing is that Williams and Daisy are going to be baptized this Saturday at 11:00 a.m., so I am absolutely thrilled for them. That is going to be awesome. They haven't decided who is going to baptize them, but that doesn't even matter. And their kids who are 7 and 4 just love me and like playing on my back every time I sit down. 

Miguel is a great guy (Miguel sent the pictures below... nice guy), returned missionary, he is the nephew of my pensionista (she and her family is who Brad lives with, she cooks them meals each day) and he lives in my area as well, we see him often and we got to teach with him as well. 

At times the mission is crappy, these people are all Catholics or J-Dubs (Jehovah Witness) or self pronounced pastors, and as Joseph Smith said, they all interpret the Bible differently. Lol. But I love the mish all at the same time. The good far outweighs the bad. Far.  (Catholicism is very prevalent in South America in general) 

(I asked Brad what his mission was like, as far as, baptisms/missionary/2years, the number of lessons taught in a week, etc.) The average missionary probably has about 10 baptisms, more or less given on luck, if they were ever in Quiriza (Brad's first area... It was a service area not a proselyting area, which made it difficult to teach) (lol), stuff like that. We were the lowest in South America last November, but we have stepped it up quite a bit. 10 full lessons a week I would say is about average, at least for my zone. Maybe a 12 lesson average mission wide. But come what may and love it, I love the mission.





No comments:

Post a Comment