Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 23 - More Garlic & Pictures!

Hi guys,
This week was a good week. We got to our area Wednesday night in time for curfew, so we didn't have the opportunity to teach, but Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we spent all day both days planting garlic by hand, which, if you don't know how that works, I'm going to explain it to you. Ha. You take a sack of little garlic bulbs, and you make a little hole with your finger, and then you place it one by one, pointing up, every 3 inches, for about 100 yards of a furrow. And then you do the next one. So you are basically in the toe touch position all. day. long. I don't know if you all knew this, but I am just about the most unflexible person I know. So it is really a task to maintain that pose for hours and hours and hours. The fields have about 70 furrows on average all at about 100 yards, so you have a lot of work to do. It is not hard, just very tedious and leg demanding. Getting out of a chair is quite the task right now. Lol. But I am so happy in my area, with the people, and with the mission. I probably only have 2 weeks left in my area before I get transfered, so I plan to make the most of it. I hope you are all doing so well. I love you guys. Until next week!

The following pictures were taken by Brad's Mission President's wife, Sister Hansen.  We sure appreciate her taking and posting all of these pictures.  We are lucky she's seen Brad quite a bit over the last 5 months.


The Road to Quiriza



Brad & Elder Wren (his companion)

Chapel in Quiriza & where Brad lives

Sister Hansen w/ some local children


President & Sister Hansen



The Quiriza Branch







No comments:

Post a Comment